September AirWaves Key Takeaways
We’re back in September with another installment of AirWaves! Every two months we update our EventsAir customers with the latest developments – from exciting product releases to new tech upgrades.
Here are some of the highlights from our September AirWaves.
Company update – Chris Ridd
Introducing the EventsAir Payment Processor
Currently, EventsAir supports more than 150 payment gateways. We understand that this can create certain limitations in the experience this provides to our customers, their clients, and attendees. This November, we will be launching our EventsAir Payment Processor. Here are a few of the exciting benefits you can expect from our very own payment gateway:
- User Experience: Your registration experience will improve! Attendees will no longer have to pass a payment screen to settle payments, this will be embedded on the registration page. Organisers of events will also be able to action reimbursements directly in EventsAir.
- Support: Discover greater support and insights to reduce any friction with any third-party payment gateways.
- Extended payment options: Think Apple Pay, Google Pay, and WeChat Pay.
- Fraud Management: Increased opportunities for us to provide heightened fraud risk and security capabilities.
There is a whole range of benefits that we will evolve over time, but we are so pleased that this has been based on your feedback on how we can improve the payment experience and support you better.
Key people updates – welcome on board!
We’re continuing to expand and hire incredible talent globally. One exciting development is ensuring that we continue to double down on our presence across North America. We have recently hired two roles in the US – Samie Jean as Account Executive and Steve Buciu as Support Consultant.
As we continue to lean heavily into creating a seamless, intuitive and enjoyable user experience (UX), we are excited to introduce Warren Prasek as Lead UX Designer and Jesse Hetherington as Digital Designer to pioneer UX and design improvements.
Design led thinking will pave the way for delivering the best possible user experience to our customers, by gaining further empathy and understanding of your needs, our UX will be focused on a valuable, human centered approach.
Catch us at some upcoming events
Would you like to see our EventsAir team in person? Getting out to meet with our customers and catch up with the experts in events is important for us as we continue to build meaningful connections. We’ll be attending the following events in the next few months:
- Exhibiting at IMEX America – October 17-19, Las Vegas, United States.
- Presenting a workshop at ICCA Congress 2023 – November 12-15, Bangkok, Thailand.
The countdown to AirTime is truly on – so if you have not registered, you better get in fast. AirTime is not just about EventsAir, we also have a brilliant selection of customers, partners, and keynote speakers ready to deliver true value to our community.
Need some extra convincing? We’ve got seven reasons why you can’t afford to miss AirTime.
- Get strategic insights into the biggest transformation in our 30-year history.
- Witness a new look EventsAir conference. New people, new conference format, and really cool venues.
- Not just a product fest. We’ll look at the wider industry, strategy, business, and much more!
- Medhi Khalili (CTO) has huge plans for our technology – you can’t miss this.
- Hear some of the latest exciting product updates from James Flynn (our Product Guru).
- Get to meet many of the members of our new executive team, in person.
- Share ideas, best practice, and innovative insights with other professional peers in your industry.
AirTime registrations are closing very soon so make sure you secure your tickets today.
Product update – James Flynn
More than 100 customers have already signed up to become early adopters of the EventsAir API. We’re so excited to see how our API continues to power events moving forward and deliver even more meaningful value.
But, we also know that not everyone has access to a development resource to assist in integrating core systems.
Which is why we are introducing Smart Connectors.
Our Smart Connectors will build a foundation of easy, reliable, and high quality integrations for every customer.
Smart Connectors share those very similar use cases, such as synchronizing contacts from your CRM, to create adaptable integrations that can be easily enhanced and maintained. Our Smart Connectors will save you hundreds of hours of work as we turn those standard use cases into adaptable integrations that respond to your needs over time.
We also understand that many of our customers manage their events through third party platforms, so we will be building a Smart Connector library of integrations that will be expanded over time.
Right now, we have the following CRM and Marketing integrations available via Smart Connectors:
Looking for an integration not listed above? We are continually building out new Smart Connectors and are eager to explore your integration needs.
Case Study: CRM Smart Connector with Microsoft Dynamics
The Australian Food and Grocery Council (AFGC) is the voice of the Australian food and grocery supply industry. AFGC delivers incredible value to their members and wider industry by providing numerous digital and in-person events throughout the year. Currently, they manage their members, leads, and day-to-day marketing through Microsoft Dynamics 365.
With the power of Smart Connectors, AFGC has created a two-way sync between EventsAir and Dynamics 365. Now, all of their important data points, such as contacts, registrations, and all events, are automatically synchronized between both platforms. This also allows AFGC to create unique registration links for all of their members to provide a seamless, pre-filled registration experience for every event.
Technology update – Mehdi Khalili
We are working with a Microsoft Gold Partner to enhance our Azure Architecture in line with Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework. The new architecture will be underpinned by four key pillars:
- Improved Security: A new Azure landing zone is built on a secure foundation, enabling improved threat detection and protection.
- Performance Efficiency: This new architecture elastically increases and decreases the scale of our servers and services to cater to the demands on the platform.
- Operational Excellence: We will have zero downtime during deployments, and enhanced monitoring will allow us to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve any failures that might arise.
- Reliability: This will uplift our platform availability and resiliency, even in the face of Azure data center outages.
In parallel to this work, we have partnered with an organization specialized in Azure monitoring and maintenance to proactively monitor our production environment on a 24/7 basis. This ensures we can monitor and respond to any issues much faster than before.
Customer services – Renee Elliott
Service Pack 6 has been released, with a key focus on supporting Zoom’s new integration method, providing a wider range of options for embedding video in OnAir, and resolving a large selection of priority bugs and issues.
Meet our CRO, Nick Thornton
We met our new Chief Revenue Officer Nick Thornton! As a passionate sales leader with a wealth of experience, Nick’s 10+ year SaaS background is a testament to his focus on growth and optimization.
You can view Nick’s interview with Chris below:
Our next AirWaves webinar will take place in December, so stay tuned for your invitation. In the meantime, make sure you don’t miss this last chance to secure your tickets for AirTime!